We are currently in the process of updating this website
Improving the experience of women and their families in maternity services has been identified as a national and a local priority by the National Clinical Director and through local consultation. According to the NHS Outcomes Framework 2016/17 work around improving maternity services links to:
- Domain 1: Preventing people from dying prematurely.
- Domain 3: Helping people to recover from episodes of ill health or following injury
- Domain 4: Ensuring that people have a positive experience of care.
- Domain 5: Treating and caring for people in a safe environment and protecting them from avoidable harm.
Yorkshire and the Humber Clinical Network stakeholder event identified the following key objectives for the CN:
- Agree an CN work programme reflecting and supportive of national and local priorities
- Develop clear structures and accountabilities to ensure the appropriate engagement at the right levels
- Act as a conduit for information gathering to enable benchmarking and accurate identification of variation across the region
- Facilitate cross boundary and cross organisational engagement and working
- Develop targeted groups to deliver the work programme priorities
- Be aware of the national and local agenda and current work being undertaken
- Work in a way that avoids further duplication
Maternity Work Programme Priorities 2016/17
The CN work programme priorities are based on national, regional and local priorities for the commissioners of maternity services. The main areas of our work are:
- Perinatal mental health
- Maternal enhanced and critical care
- Y&H Maternity Dashboard
- Pre-term births
- Configuration of Maternity Services
- National Maternity Review
So - What are we Doing Now?
- Focusing on reducing stillbirths and improving services for bereaved families
- Reviewing and improving perinatal mental health care provision across the region
- Reviewing and improving maternal enhanced and critical care services
- Supporting the development of improved data collection
- Supporting implementation of the Maternity Transformation Programme based on the National Maternity Review
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders
- Ensuring appropriate user involvement in work programme activities