We work closely with a range of system partners, for example, Commissioners, Providers, Health Education England, Local Authorities, across Yorkshire and the Humber to deliver the ambitions outlined within the NHS Long Term Plan.
We also have our NHS Futures site where we store more clinically focused information. You can request to be a member of our workspace. Please follow this link.
What We Are Trying To Achieve
The NHS Long Term Plan (2019) includes ambitious targets for community mental health, with eating disorder identified as a key area for investment. The ambition is to rebalance services from inpatient to community based, so that adults with eating disorders will be able to access treatment earlier and closer to home.
Why It’s Important
This programme of work sits within the Community Mental Health Transformation programme. In addition, the pandemic has seen a significant increase in the demand for eating disorder services. The Clinical Network aim to support services in line with national deliverables.
What We Have Achieved In The Last 6 Months:
- Produced and shared a Yorkshire and the Humber Eating Disorder Resource for Care Homes for older adults.
- Hosted bespoke learning sessions e.g. Disordered Eating with 280 attendees.
- Engaged with national and other regional teams and contributed to relevant forums e.g. national AED Leads Forum.
- Worked jointly with our CYPMH team to run a series of Learning Lunches to support Eating Disorders Awareness Week (27th February to 5th March 2023).
- Focused our Adult Eating Disorder Community of Practice on FREED, medical monitoring, 4 week waits, outcomes development, and older adults.
- Engaged with the Older Adults at the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
Meetings and Events
Bi-monthly meetings of the Community Mental Health Transformation Regional Collaborative.
What We Plan To Do In The Next 6 Months:
- Continue to develop and provide training opportunities for professionals, with training planned on Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder (ARFID).
Specialist Eating Disorder Services can be found here
Services in our region include:
- SYEDA – South Yorkshire Eating Disorder Association
- Riverdale Grange
- Nottinghamshire Eating Disorder Service
- Freed Beeches Eating Disorders Service
- Evolve Hull Community Eating Disorder Service
- Home – SEED | Eating Disorders Support Service
- Eating disorders community service for adults – Tees Esk and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust
- Schoen Clinic York – Adult Hospital for Eating Disorders
- CONNECT: The West Yorkshire Adult Eating Disorders Service
- Rharian Fields :: NAViGO
Helpful Resources & Links
Professionals – please contact us for details of our FutureNHS page.
- Beat – a national charity for eating disorders
- SEED (Support and Empathy for People with Eating Disorders) – registered charity providing support and guidance from people with first-hand experience of Eating Disorders
- SYEDA (South Yorkshire Eating Disorder Association) – independent charity providing non-judgemental support to people affected by Eating Disorders
- NHS Overview of Eating Disorders
- NHS Supporting Someone with an Eating Disorder
- Mind – provides information on possible causes, symptoms, how to access support and self-care tips.
- Adult Eating Disorders: Community, Inpatient and Intensive Day Patient Care Guidance for commissioners and provider
- Adult Specialist Eating Disorder Engagement and Mapping Exercise May 2021