Throughout April to July 2014 the CN Maternity Team undertook engagement visits with each of the maternity services provider trusts across Yorkshire & the Humber. Key themes were identified, one of which was Maternity Dashboards. Following on from this and discussions at the Commissioners Forum, the Clinical Network requested the Trust’s dashboards to enable development of a regional wide Maternity Dashboard which may be used as a comparison tool for both providers and commissioners to highlight variation and as a quality improvement tool.
Progress to Date
- November 2015 - The Yorkshire and the Humber Dashboard is launched. Click here to view the dashboard and associated documents.
- The Maternity Clinical Network (CN) held an initial stakeholder workshop in December 2014 and a subsequent workshop in March 2015 and considered:
- a strategy for the process and governance arrangements
- a core set of indicators and definitions
- a consistency in data measures and thresholds (where thresholds are applicable)
- These documents are now published, and data collection commenced across all 13 maternity services from September 2015.
- A further workshop was help in October 2015 and considered version 2 of the Y&H CN Maternity Dashboard